Friday, July 12, 2013

Waiting

Waiting

I know it has been a long time since we have posted anything here.   Given all the crazy chaos of our lives right now we decided to use this space as a way to keep you up to date on our lives without filling up your email inbox.  I (Jeff) will try to keep a nearly daily update on our saga these next few weeks.

Today, we finally got an email from Isaac's primary surgeon.   He told us that to move forward we need  to come in and see one of the plastic surgeons we have seen before.   The two of them will be the main people in charge of Isaac's care.  After Isaac sees this other doctor they can make a plan for Isaac's care.  So, Rebecca and Isaac are flying to Minnesota this weekend, arriving Sunday and returning to Colorado on Tuesday.   I will be taking care of the rest of the kids here.

This, at least, is a beginning to an answer to prayer.  It still doesn't answer any of the questions of what our lives will look like for the next few months or years, but at least it is some progress.

In another major life plot line, we are still waiting on our visa paperwork.  Just waiting.   This morning, I thought about how little control I have of any of these things and I just had to laugh.  It's either laugh or cry, so Jesus helped me to laugh.  On Wednesday Rebecca was invited to give a talk about perseverance.  Perseverance isn't about keeping going when we get what we want.   It is about what we do when we don't get what we want.  The main question is 'Am I ok if God doesn't give me anything that I want, but instead helps me to know and love him?  Is that enough?'  Today we are just waiting and we don't know what he is going to do.  But I think, for just a moment this morning, that he was enough.  I'm trusting that Jesus will also send us back to East Asia on August 1st, but even if he doesn't, he is enough.




1 comment:

  1. We're praying for you guys to receive some answers and info soon. Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete